Ethnobotanist and Angiosperm Taxonomist by training. Working on documentation of traditional medicinal practices and medicinal plants in the Western Ghats regions of Karnataka. Also worked on biotechnological interventions to enhance the bio-active secondary metabolites in selected medicinal plants. Worked in collaboration for validation of ethnomedicinal practices for arthritis and cancers. Working on various aspects of tribal health and nutrition in recent past. Recognised guide from KLE University, Belagavi; Shivaji University, Kolhapur and Pondicherry University for Ph.D programs.
Top Five publications in reputed and peer reviewed journals
1. Upadhya V, Hegde HV*, Bhat S, Hurkadale PJ, Kholkute SD, Hegde GR. 2012. Ethnomedicinal plants used to treat bone fracture from North-Central Western Ghats of India. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 142 (2012): 557–562.
2. Kumar Dushyant, GangulyKuntal, Hegde HV*, Patil PA, Roy Subarna, Kholkute SD. 2014. Activity of Plumbago zeylanica Linn. root and Holoptelea integrifoliaRoxb. bark pastes in acute and chronic paw inflammation in Wistar rats. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 5 (1):33-37.
3. Upadhya V, Hegde HV, Bhat S, Kholkute SD. 2014. Non-codified traditional medicine practices from Belgaum Region in Southern India: present scenario. Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine 10:49.
4. Karthikeyan S, Hoti SL, Nazeer Y, Hegde HV. 2016. Glaucarubinone sensitizes KB cells to paclitaxel by inhibiting ABC transporters via ROS-dependent and p53-mediated activation of apoptotic signaling pathways. Oncotarget 7 (27), 42353–42373.
5. Rawat L, Hegde H, Hoti SL, Nayak V. 2020. Piperlongumine induces ROS mediated cell death and synergizes paclitaxel in human intestinal cancer cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 128 (2020): 110243.
For complete publications click here